I am a Ph.D. scholar, and a recepient of the Intel Ph.D. fellowship at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras. I am being advised by Prof. Balaraman Ravindran and Prof. Manikandan Narayanan. I am also associated to the Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. My work involves modelling complex systems as hypergraphs and multiplex networks, and learning from such networks. Recently, I have worked on the problems of hypergraph clustering, hyperedge prediction and centrality for multilayer networks.
- Tarun Kumar, Sankaran Vaidyanathan, Harini Ananthapadmanabhan, Srinivasan Parthasarathy, and Balaraman Ravindran. “Hypergraph Clustering by Iteratively Reweighted Modularity Maximization.” Applied Network Science journal, 2020.
- Tarun Kumar★, Darwin Kamanuru★, Srinivasan Parthasarathy, and Balaraman Ravindran. “HPRA: Hyperedge Prediction using Resource Allocation.” In 12th ACM Conference on Web Science, pp. 135-143. 2020. WebSci 2020, paper, code
- Tarun Kumar★, Sankaran Vaidyanathan★, Harini Ananthapadmanabhan, Srinivasan Parthasarathy, and Balaraman Ravindran. “A New Measure of Modularity in Hypergraphs: Theoretical Insights and Implications for Effective Clustering.” In International Conference on Complex Networks and Their Applications. Complex Networks 2019, pp. 286-297. Springer, Cham, 2019. paper, code
- Tarun Kumar, Manikandan Narayanan, and Balaraman Ravindran. “Effect of Inter-layer Coupling on Multilayer Network Centrality Measures.” Journal of the Indian Institute of Science: 99, 237–246 (2019) doi:10.1007/s41745- 019-0103-y. paper
- Aditya Jadhav, Tarun Kumar★, Mohit ★Raghavendra★, Tamizhini Loganathan, and Manikandan Narayanan. “Predicting cross-tissue hormone-gene relations using balanced word embeddings.” bioRxiv
- Awarded Intel India PhD fellowship for year 2020-2021.
- I will be co-organizing the workshop titled Graphs and more Complex Structures for Learning and Reasoning- GCLR 2021 at AAAI-2021.
- Presented my work on hypergraphs on May 20th at UT Dallas Outreach Event. Presentation link.
- Awarded travel grant for CODS-COMAD, 2020.
- Awarded IITM alumni travel grant to attend International Conference for Complex Networks, 2019.
- Best presentation award for our work on Hypergraph clustering in 4th IBSE workshop, 2018.
- Ph.D. - Indian Institute of Technology Madras (2016 - )
- M.Tech - Shiv Nadar University (2013-2015)
- B.Tech - Punjab Technical University (2009-2013)
Awards and Service
- Reviewer Social Network Analysis and Mining journal, SDM 2021.
- PC member and Mentor AI for Public Health workshop at ICLR 2021.
- Senior volunteer at CODS-COMAD 2021, Student volunteer at AAAI 2021.
- Intel PHD fellowship 2020 - 2021.
- CSIR Junior Research Fellowship (NET - all India rank - 94)
- SERB Junior Research Fellowship (JEST - all India rank - 56)
- Email: tkumar [at] cse [dot] iitm [dot] ac [dot] in
- Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, fifth floor, Block 2, Department of Biotechnology, IIT Madras, Chennai-600036, India